[Asterisk-Users] CDR Web Search Frontend

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Tue Sep 30 01:04:17 MST 2003

> The problem with this is that its a major problem mapping
> area codes of the various contries of the world.. (especially
> Canada where I have been told that landline and cell phone
> networks use the same codes.. )
Yup, it's true - I know so cos I'm in Canada :-) (and coming from the UK,
don't even get me started on the state of the North American phone system -
we see enough flame wars and off topic threads on here already!)

> I have mapped some countries for my dialplan but its not easy..
> also US and Canada seem to overlap.. But it is a nice idea,
> maybe we can start with country codes and then narrow it down
> over time.. :)
Yeah, the USA, Canada and a bunch of Caribbean places are covered by NANPA,
the North American Numbering Plan.

I think I'm only interested as far as area code, I'm not too fussed about
whether it's a mobile number or not, although I guess it's more of an issue
for dialling other destinations where calling a mobile is charged at a
premium. For example, call  a UK land line and you know it's +44 1xxx or +44
2xxx with all mobiles starting +44 7xxx. Calling UK mobiles from North
America typically costs more than calling a land line.. reciprocal
compensation etc kicks in.. Not so the other way round though - people back
home can call me on my landline or my mobile for the same "Calling North
America" rate across the board.

> I meant using the PHPconfig stuff as is.. it edits the
> .conf files directly which to me seems the best idea at
> this point..
Gotcha.. so stick with the text area editing a text .conf file thing then -
sounds cool.. then have a link off to the CDR bit etc?

Exciting ideas.. enthusiasm abounds.. now lets see what we can come up with
:-)