[Asterisk-Users] CDR Web Search Frontend

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 00:25:34 MST 2003

Paul Crick wrote:

>>To me it sounds like we have talked about the following..
>>* CDR Viewing (real time view of last 20 (filterable by
>>  src/dst/accountcode etc..) CDR entries)
>>* CDR Reporting (per user/company/line, Somthing like the
>>  itemised billing from a telco, User Accessable)
>>

>Sounds good. Would you want to extend it any, using place names etc? So
>calls to +1604xxx show up as "Canada" or "BC, Canada" (or even "Vancouver
>BC, Canada") or am I just being a bit too ambitious (and annoying) there?
>;-)

The problem with this is that its a major problem mapping area codes of
the various contries of the world.. (especially Canada where I have been
told that landline and cell phone networks use the same codes.. ) I have
mapped some countries for my dialplan but its not easy.. also US and
Canada seem to overlap.. But it is a nice idea, maybe we can start with
country codes and then narrow it down over time.. :)

>>* Asterisk Management (initially based on PHPconfig)
>>

>Can you elaborate on this a bit? Do you mean holding all the config
>parameters in databases which are either accessed natively or used to
>generate text config files (as many web hosting control panels do)? Or do
>you just mean including the existing web config stuff in to the bigger grand
>scheme, more or less as-is?

I meant using the PHPconfig stuff as is.. it edits the .conf files
directly which to me seems the best idea at this point..

>I like the ideas of user self service.. or user filtered access to the CDR
>stuff?
>
>Will there/should there be levels of user access and stuff to restrict
>access to certain areas?

Definately!!, probably need Admin (full system access and account
setup), Manager (control or oversee an subset of users either by
department or company), and then User(Access to only their own stuff)..