[Asterisk-Users] Fax detection when dialing out

Claude Klimos claude.klimos at aheeva.com
Mon Sep 29 14:32:50 MST 2003

Hi all,

I am having a problem detecting a FAX machine on the other end when I
dial out a number, even though I hear it playing the 'violin' when it
answers. I would like to be able to detect the event of having a FAX
answering the call I generate through Asterisk. I am testing on a X100P.
I looked in the detect_dtmf() function in dsp.c and even though I see it
implements a goertzel algorithm, it never detects the fax machine.

Any help would be appreciated.

CK