[Asterisk-Users] Re: Google newsgroup or Forum setup.

cg at cdegroot.com cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Sep 29 11:11:37 MST 2003

costas  <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> said:
>7) And then the guy who said the horse can be faster than an automobile.
>Although a romantic notion of the old west Pony Express or something,
>wanna race east coast to west coast against my beat up Chevy?

I do. Wanna race a clumsy webbrowser against trn for reading this list?
I type anywhere from 0-n characters to select the threads, and then race
through postings with Space and 'n' - postings take anything up to 5ms
to load. With it, I can keep up with some 20 busy mailing lists and
newsgroups using the better part of a minute to navigate to the stuff I
want to read (for all 20, that is). Try that with a webbrowser, where
every kewl 3l33t forum hack has a different user interface (and I'm not
even starting to talk about banner ads, intercontinental round-trip
times, and webservers crashing).

>Come on. This reminds me of flames arguing over whether Notepad is
>easier to use than an IDE when programming.

I use an IDE for programming. One that was initially released in 1980
and still leaves all of the modern IDE's in the dust. An old method
doesn't necessarily need to be a bad method.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo