[Asterisk-Users] Help with GPL license of Asterisk

costas costas at meezon.com
Mon Sep 29 05:38:23 MST 2003

I would appreciate some help with this. I read the GPL license and basically it says you can do whatever you want with the software (sell, modify) as long as you include the source code, the License and make any changes you make available in the same manner to all others.

My questions is this: If I develop an external application (say a Call Center application or a GUI management application) that uses Asterisk data is that also GPLd? I understand if I add code to Asterisk, but what about external interfaces?

Where is the seperation here of the Cathedral and the Bazaar?

Thanks

--
Costas Menico
Meezon Software Corp