[Asterisk-Users] Google newsgroup or Forum setup.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Sep 28 18:17:41 MST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 16:12, costas wrote:
> I am sure this has been asked before, but why not use Google newsgroup
> or at least some forum BBS software instead of this cumbersome mailing
> list process?

Because bbs software requires net connection at the time of browsing.
Because newsgroups are basically email with central IMAP server, and
newsgroups don't have access control to handle stupid spammers.

Mailing lists also allow any individual that is subscribed create their
own archive. Mailing lists also are able to be read offline at the users
convenience. Mailing lists can be easily read on any number of
alternative devices.