[Asterisk-Users] Port problem

Armand A. Verstappen armand at nl.envida.net
Fri Sep 26 19:12:09 MST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 19:43, Paulo Mannheimer wrote:
> I have an equipment loaded with 4 X100P (numbered 1-4)) and one T400P
> (numbered 5-8). Everything works fine except that I cannot use one of
> the FXS ports (number 5).

If you can use the other ports, it may be that this port #5 fails to
calibrate, or is toast. You need to look at dmesg output to see if such
is the case. If it is a calibrating issue, check the archives for the
compile options to work around it.

> If I configure zapata.conf to recognize it, the whole system voice
> quality suffers. I've tried already to switch PCI slots, with no
> results.
>
> Below is a snapshot of my /proc/interrupts, maybe this can shed some
> light on the problem.
>
>   0:     985385          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:          3          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   3:    9832048          XT-PIC  wcfxo
>   4:     318730          XT-PIC  serial
>   5:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, usb-uhci
>   7:    9832105          XT-PIC  wcfxo
>   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>   9:     162893          XT-PIC  eth0
>  10:    9818599          XT-PIC  wcfxs
>  11:   20891396          XT-PIC  wcfxo, wcfxo
>  12:         36          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>  14:      26399          XT-PIC  ide0
> NMI:          0
> LOC:          0
> ERR:          0
> MIS:          0
>
> Any ideas?

The archives will also tell you that it is a bad thing to have the
digium cards share interrupts with anything, and may cause trouble like
line noise. If you remove serial support and/or usb support from your
kernel, you should be able to free up a dedicate IRQ for the X100P's now
sharing IRQ 11. Note that many motherboards have pci-slot 1 and 5 share
irq allways. If this is the case with your equipment, I have no solution
for you to get dedicated IRQ's on all digium boards.

Note that the IRQ problem MAY be the cause of your problem, I'd first
investigate the problem of the one port on the TDM40P, as I don't recall
ever seeing a message indicating that IRQ overlap would cause only one
of 4 port of a TDM40P to fail.

wkr,

--
Envida                     http://www.envida.net/
Armand A. Verstappen       Graadt van Roggenweg 328