[Asterisk-Users] Newbie: Crossing my fingers

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 05:59:59 MST 2003

costas wrote:

>I just ordered the Asterisk Developers Lite kit. My environment will be the RH9 Linux server and a Windows workstation with Samba. I also of course have analog lines and DSL. I am interested in SIP development.
>
>I already downloaded the Asterisk software. What else should I download.
>
>Is there a doc that basically tells you the steps to install Asterisk
>and get it up and running? I would like a document to setup as well as the API calls (and a book). Anything like this for Asterisk?
>
>Thanks for your patience.

Costas,

My install guide may help you most of the way..

http://members.lycos.co.uk/wipe_out/asterisk/

You will have to add the samba and any other packages you need..

Then I would suggest you read the handbooks that are available on the
digium.com website on the documentation page..

If you don't have an IP hard phone then you probably want to download
X-Lite from www.xten.com

That should get you on your way..

Later..