[Asterisk-Users] RTP routing..

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 05:22:58 MST 2003

>1. I guess/hope your ADSL connection is not NAT'd ?

No definately no NAT on the server side..

>2. You will need two NIC's as I assume you will have two separate next hop gateways with each ADSL connection!

I thought 2 NICs would be required but was not sure..

>3. How would you load balance the inbound calls over the two connections (ensuring each doesn't exceed capacity)?

I had figured on one of 2 options, either using round robin DNS (not
perfect I know) and taking my chances, or statically assigning an equal
number of phones to each server IP..

>The more I think about this the more I feel that a better solution would be to place a router between the Asterisk server and the two ADSL modems with some kind of NAT setup ...

The problem there is that SIP and NAT on the server side don't play
nicely at all.. I have enough grey hair.. :)