[Asterisk-Users] Check and restart script..

Adams, Gavin gadams at promisant.com
Fri Sep 26 04:49:45 MST 2003

A good, no, excellent, monitoring system is Nagios (www.nagios.org). It
uses the concepts of plugins to monitor 'OK', 'WARNING' and 'CRITICAL'
states. A variety of plugin's for * could monitor the main process, loop
back inside of * (via AGI), grep of /var/log/asterisk/messages for
channel errors, etc.

Nagios can also use event handlers to do things such as restarting
processes (*).

You're points make sense Garry, and are appreciated. Methods for
monitoring the health of * is something to do once I integrate * into
our production facility for out-calling of alerts using festival. Until
then, I'll rely upon our organic monitoring system, the users. :)

Regards,

--- Gavin