[Asterisk-Users] configuring TE410P for four E1 PRI lines

Rahul Arvind Jadhav rahul at netyantra.com
Thu Sep 25 07:06:11 MST 2003

hi,
    I'm trying to configure my newly acquired TE410P card to work as 4
E1 spans. This is
supposed to be a drop-in replacement to the earlier E100P card. However,
on loading the
zaptel module it gets configured as T1 spans basically doing a 'cat' on
/proc/zaptel/1 thru 4,
 it shows 24 channels per span. After this ztcfg fails saying
'ZT_CHANCONFIG failed for channel 97'.
This is obviously because Quad T1 has only 96 channels. The question is
how do i get the zaptel module
to recognize the card as Quad E1 and not Quad T1.
My current /etc/zaptel.conf goes as follows:

-----------------------

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4