[Asterisk-Users] Starting Development Perl or Python

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Thu Sep 25 00:26:52 MST 2003

> Hi guys,
>
> From the drift of the mailing list most people seem to use perl for their
> AGI scripts.
>
> I personally have more experience with Python.
>
> Could you please advise why or if Perl is more suitable?
>
> Is it faster?
>
> Better supported?
>
> More documentation?
>
> Or any other comments.
>
> Our environment is multiple asterisks in multiple cities, we plan to be a
> PSTN gateway, and also handle IVR work.
>
> I could be convinced to use Perl but just am looking for some pointers.
>
> Peter

I am no coder but I thought that the beauty of AGI was that it really didn't care what language you used.. So you are able to use what ever language you are happiest with seeing as it is you who is going to be creating and managing whatever systems you create..

But thats just my non-technical view.. :)

Later..