[Asterisk-Users] VIA vs Intel

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Wed Sep 24 11:57:36 MST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> As a phone platform, it may be overkill, but I bet it could drive a
> TDM400P card and be able to handle GSM compression. The question then
> again is if it is worth the cost for basically a 4 port asterisk based
> device like the ATA186?

I have a mini-itx board (800mhz) and case (I can look up the part number
if anyone is interested), but the older TDM400P has the sound problems
with the power supply in there.  I've been meaning to contact digium to
swap the card out and try a new rev in there but I haven't had the chance.
For now I have a T100P working in there great.

I originally wanted to get the TDM400P working in there because its a
great demo system to show people just what it can do.  People are very
impressed when you can walk in, plug a box in the ethernet (assuming
dhcp), plug a phone into the back, and start making calls via IAX.

James