[Asterisk-Users] Advantage of Cisco 7960 with 5.x firmware

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Tue Sep 23 08:22:52 MST 2003

their really isn't much fixed between 4.4 and the 5.x stuff but at the
time thats all I had.  So I put that on the phone.  So far everything
works like a champ.  Not one problem.

4.4
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2156/prod_release_note09186a008016096f.html#63943

Resolved Caveats.Release 5.0
No resolved caveats specific to Cisco IP Phone 7940/7960 Release 5.0
require documentation in these release notes.

Resolved Caveats.Release 5.1
All caveats listed in this section are resolved in Cisco IP Phone
7940/7960 Release 5.1. This section lists only severity 1 and 2 caveats
and select severity 3 caveats

CSCdz59328: SIPPhone: The UI responsiveness slow, fast fingers cause digit
drop
CSCdz77783: SIPPhone: Clipping of voice in 7960 SIP phone
CSCea83100: SIP: Dialing # does not work correctly if dialplan is empty
CSCea85697: Phone may fail to reset when an Exception occurs
CSCea93250: SIPPhone: Dialing # does not always work if default rule
missing
CSCeb27906: SIPPhone: Null To-tag in REFER causes transfer fail (race
condition)
CSCeb29575: SIPPhone: NOTIFY Event header shortform is not supported (o:)

Resolved Caveats.Release 5.2
All caveats listed in this section are resolved in Cisco IP Phone
7940/7960 Release 5.2. This section lists only severity 1 and 2 caveats
and select severity 3 caveats

CSCeb41335: DSP mismatch with upgrade failure
CSCeb44769: Phone removes dots in the IP address when sending ACK
CSCeb46028: 79x0 Memory leak issues related to DNS query failures
CSCeb75975: Phone crashes upon any menu exit

Resolved Caveats.Release 5.3
All caveats listed in this section are resolved in Cisco IP Phone
7940/7960 Release 5.3. This section lists only severity 1 and 2 caveats
and select severity 3 caveats

CSCeb85936: SIP phone doesnt use the medium level contact field

Hope that helps.

bkw