[Asterisk-Users] New kid on block

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Tue Sep 23 06:12:10 MST 2003

Hi,

> I am an experienced developer with Windows and familiar with Linux. I am looking for a SIP solution.
>
> 1) How does Asterisk compare to VOCAL in terms of support.
Digium are the best people to ask for issues related to commercial support, otherwise this mailing list or the IRC channel are good options for community support..

> 2) Is Asterisk free?
Yes..

Look at www.digium.com on the documentation page.. I would recommend reading bothe the old and new handbooks..

> 4) Will it run on RH9?
Yes, no problem.. you can take a look at my install guide for RH9 if you want a quick and easy installation..
members.lycos.co.uk/wipe_out/asterisk/

> Thanks in advance.
No Problem..

Later..