[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI hardware

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Sun Sep 21 23:25:17 MST 2003

> Hi,
>
> Anybody have lots of experience with PCI ISDN cards and Asterisk?   I'm
> thinking of getting a BRI in my house to deliver more advanced signaling to
> my PBX (yes, I'm a geek :-)) but I've never played with isdn4linux.
>
> Is there any particular BRI card that works better with Asterisk than any
> other?

My suggestion (unless you have lots of money) is to get hold of an AVM fritz PCI card, then use Chan_Capi instead of I4L.. I use this setup and have found minimal echo problems and quite good performance all round... The card cost me £3 off ebay.. you really can't beat that.. :)

> Also, can the BRI interface cards participate in conference, etc., since
> they aren't a Zaptel interface?

I haven't used conferencing but I believe you can load the ztdummy emulator to get it working..

Later..