[Asterisk-Users] Incoming phone line rollover / hunt?

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Sun Sep 21 22:39:44 MST 2003

I am planning on getting 4 analog "trunk" lines from my carrier (SBC).
~US$14/month/each
And a block of 20 DID numbers for these trunk lines.
(~US$15/month/block of 20)  (a block of 20 is the smallest)

Inbound calls come in, and the lines (on the * side) are set to the
same context.  (which contain the DID extensions)

If you are not going to use DID, the lines still come into the same
context, just you do not handle the DID extensions.  You would just
answer and provide a menu of some sort.

The rollover feature is really just "busy call forwarding".

You can buy 4 residential lines.  (do not get call waiting)
Setup "busy call forwarding":
1 -> 2
2 -> 3
3 -> 4

Then advertise the number for line 1.

Outbound calls would be handled by the "group" feature of Zapata.
You put the 4 lines in the same group (in zapata.conf) and the
extension.conf would have Dial(Zap/g<groupnumber>/${EXTEN})

<quote who="John Brown">
> how does a PBX control the call setup of inbound calls from
> the PSTN??
>
> unless you are doing something like ATM an your switch is going to
> handle processing a call setup request, I don't see how * can
> deal with hunting from a PSTN side.
>
> Certainly from the station or SIP or IAX or H323 side it can
> deal with it, but I'd be surprised if from the PSTN side.
>

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 11:02:29PM -0400, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
>> Check the zapata.conf.sample for the keyword 'group'
>>

>> Jeremy McNamara
>>

>> Leif Madsen wrote:

END OF LINE