[Asterisk-Users] Skinny

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sun Sep 21 19:48:44 MST 2003

At the present time you have to have a VALID ip address in bindaddr for
Skinny to work.  If bindaddr is either 0.0.0.0 or simply commented out
all packets requiring the IP address contain 127.0.0.1.  I forgot their
nick, but someone in IRC recommended we make Asterisk be smart enough
not to pick that interface, but I'm not sure of that is the problem or
not.  I simply have not had the time to investigate it whatsoever.

Also, I have been advised against providing specific material resources
to make Skinny work with Asterisk, especially the binary firmware
images. So, your on your own for the firmware.   I recommend a CCM v3.1
or higher as Cisco was nice enough to give us an XML based config file.
Someone needs to do some research to see if having a SmartNet on the
phone would be sufficient enough to be able to LEGALLY use the Skinny
firmware.

And, yes I do have my 7910 working with Asterisk. Which, btw, was
graciously donated by a generous Asterisk user (he knows who he is),
....Granted only with ulaw and none of the soft buttons actually do
anything, but I can and do make calls with it all day long. Hopefully in
the next week or two I can find some time to spend on fixing all of the
various annoying issues with chan_skinny or please feel free to
contribute disclaimed patches.

Jeremy McNamara