[Asterisk-Users] IAX vs SIP

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Sat Sep 20 14:13:12 MST 2003

>  I am wondering how setup like this could work with IAX (or any other
>  protocol) when symmetric NATs are used.
>
>  If you have two different NATs then direct connection is not possible
>  between hosts behind those two NATs. You have to do some kind of
>  provisioning of the NAT boxes (i.e. port forwarding).
>
>   Jan.

You setup port forwarding on your each NAT's to the server behind the NAT..

If you don't have a static IP or resolvable DNS name on one of the boxes you can get it to register with the remote side.. You will have to have the NAT's public IP on at least one side static or resolvable through some form of DNS or DDNS..

Later..