[Asterisk-Users] iaxComm - IAX client for Win32

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sat Sep 20 09:20:41 MST 2003

Citeren Michael Van Donselaar <mvand at neb.rr.com>:

> >Well, this looks like a big improvement, but I cant seem to find the option
> >to register at the asterisk server. Is it impossible, or am I missing it ?
> >Would be a hefty requirement for real use, I think...
>
> It automatically registers with all asterisk servers that have been
> configured
> in the Options|Directory dialog.  I dial out and register from two different
> servers.
>
> I previously had an "auto register" checkbox, but changed to registering all
> servers when I moved the servers list from a listcontrol to a combobox.  I'm
> thinking that you would want to register with any server through which you
> may
> want to make outbound calls.

Ehm actually, yes and no.

I would love to have a client that has _less_ of these advanced features :-) I
will supply my users with a binary package and a registration file that will
configure the client to work with my server. After that, all references to
different servers would be omitted, and made invisible. No more clutter
towards users who don't know what to do with it anyway...

I would be OK with a toggle that would allow 'advanced' users access to that
part of the config :-)

> When the servers are read from the registry, they are read in alphabetical
> order, and registration is attempted in that order.  (The order may be
> different
> on other platforms).  You should see "Registration accepted" in the status
> bar
> after the last server is registered.

Yes, this is confirmed.

--