[Asterisk-Users] SIP + NAT Howto?

C. Johnson javadude at cedrick.net
Fri Sep 19 13:11:31 MST 2003

Hello Folks-

Pretty new to the list here, got a lot of reading to do.. Does anyone
know where I can find a decent HOWTO or set of instructions for
running
Asterisk and SIP clients thru firewall/NAT systems?

I have a Asterisk box sitting behind a linux firewall at a remote
location
and have the 5060 and etc ports open as well at 16381-16391 UDP open
and
routed to the Asterisk box as well. I have a bunch of clients at
another
location which are also sitting behind a Linux ipchains/tables
firewall

So far, I'm able to get the clients (Xten Lite) to ring each other,
but they
ring, and one will say it's connected, while the other one just hangs
up.

-cj