[Asterisk-Users] New message 0 in mailbox 7606

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Sep 18 16:11:53 MST 2003

>On Thursday 18 September 2003 14:37, noc wrote:
>>  2) When listening to messages with VoicemailMain2, the time stamp is
>>  in GMT and not corrected for the local time zone offset.  But the
>>  email that voicemail2 sends has the correct time.  I added
>>  "|tz=eastern" to the end of the mailbox definitions in
>>  voicemail.conf, but that did not seem to fix the problem.
>
>Please send more information about your configuration.  Include details
>like distribution version and the contents of voicemail.conf.
>
>This isn't a problem on either Mandrake or Slackware, and since Critch
>isn't complaining, probably not on Debian, either.  However, I'm working
>with somebody who has this problem on RedHat 8.
>
>-Tilghman

I noticed that tz= didn't seem to work any longer for me, either, but
I found it was just an error on my part, and a parsing error
somewhere in the code that was making life difficult.  My machines
are all set to GMT for their localtime, because it makes things much
more sane when working across many timezones (debugging is insane if
you try with "local" timezones set.)  Anyway...

With a current (an hour or so ago) CVS update, these are the symptoms
and the cure.

; DID NOT WORK
; from voicemail.conf:
[zonemessages]
pacific=US/Pacific|'vm-received' 'digits/at' IMp

[local]
2203 => 1234,Jane Foo,jane at domain.com,page-jane at domain.com,tz=pacific

; end

-----------

; WORKS
; DID NOT WORK
; from voicemail.conf:
[zonemessages]
pacific=US/Pacific|'vm-received' 'digits/at' IMp

[local]
2203 => 1234,Jane Foo,jane at domain.com,page-jane at domain.com,|tz=pacific

; end

Note that the only thing I changed was adding "|" after the last
comma.  It's a bug in the parser.

THE GOOD NEWS is that Tilghman has already sent the patch to Mark, so
my "workaround" should only be required until the patch is put in
place and you CVS update.

JT