[Asterisk-Users] New message 0 in mailbox 7606

noc asterisk at w3networks.com
Thu Sep 18 14:10:00 MST 2003

From: Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>
Date:  Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:20:54 -0500

>On Thursday 18 September 2003 14:37, noc wrote:
>> 2) When listening to messages with VoicemailMain2, the time stamp is
>> in GMT and not corrected for the local time zone offset.  But the
>> email that voicemail2 sends has the correct time.  I added
>> "|tz=eastern" to the end of the mailbox definitions in
>> voicemail.conf, but that did not seem to fix the problem.
>
>Please send more information about your configuration.  Include details
>like distribution version and the contents of voicemail.conf.
>
>This isn't a problem on either Mandrake or Slackware, and since Critch
>isn't complaining, probably not on Debian, either.  However, I'm working
>with somebody who has this problem on RedHat 8.
>
>-Tilghman

I'm running the latest asterisk from CVS on Redhat 7.1.  My voicemail.conf is fairly vanilla.  Here's what the last few lines look like:

[zonemessages]
eastern=America/NewYork|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
central=America/Chicago|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
central24=America/Chicago|'vm-received' q 'digits/at' H 'digits/hundred' M 'digits/hours'

[default]

7606 => 7606,My Name,me at myemail.com

I also tried this:

7606 => 7606,My Name,me at myemail.com|tz=eastern

Adding "|tz=eastern" to the end did not help.

Thanks,

-Jon