[Asterisk-Users] New message 0 in mailbox 7606

noc asterisk at w3networks.com
Thu Sep 18 14:09:27 MST 2003

From: Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>
Date:  Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:55:04 -0500

>On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 14:37, noc wrote:
>
>I don't use VM2 yet, but lets see if I can answer a couple of questions.
>
>> I recently started playing with voicemail2.  I'm having two minor
>> problems that I can't seem to find discussed in the archives.
>>
>> 1) New message 0 in mailbox 7606.  New voice mail message count seems
>> to start with 0 for the first new message instead of 1.  Any tricks to
>> fix this?
>
>Is this what is read to you, or is this a storage question? C
>programmers usually start counting from 0. Maybe a slip up to not add 1
>before presentation.

This is a problem with both the text of the email notification (New message 0) and the message storage (msg0000.WAV).  If I call VoicemailMain2, it is announced as "You have 1 new message", so that works.  It's just the email notifications and the message storage that starts with 0.

>> 2) When listening to messages with VoicemailMain2, the time stamp is
>> in GMT and not corrected for the local time zone offset.  But the
>> email that voicemail2 sends has the correct time.  I added
>> "|tz=eastern" to the end of the mailbox definitions in voicemail.conf,
>> but that did not seem to fix the problem.
>
>I think Mark added a patch this morning at 8:30am -5 to default to
>grabbing system timezone.

I just updated to the latest CVS.  This is still a problem.  The email notification has the correct time, but the VoicemailMain2 announcement of the time stamp is wrong.

>> Any thoughts on these two problems?  I'm running a recent CVS from
>> 9/14/03.
>
>Gasp, you are running four day old software, what will the neighbors
>think.... ;)
>
>As usual, if you seem to have a problem, please upgrade to current and
>see if the problem persists. If it does persist, then ask for help or
>confirmation of the problem.
>--
>Steven Critchfield  <critch at basesys.com>

Thanks for all the help,