[Asterisk-Users] Radio for Music on Hold?

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Thu Sep 18 13:21:54 MST 2003

> Tell your client that some callers put on hold may
> know about the above and "radio on hold" would make
> the company look at best ignorent.
I read something somewhere.. can't remember where.. some PBX buyer's guide
maybe? ANYWAY.. point is.. it sounds bad to the callers.. and you never know
what they're hearing.. dodgy music, a DJ going off on one, throwing a fit,
an advert for a competitor or something else inappropriate..

Come on people! Fork out $50 for a discman and another few bucks for some
royalty free library music and have that on hold instead.. You're in
control, you know what your callers are listening to, and you're also legal
:-)

Oh yeah.. we're talking Asterisk.. the physical connection to an external
source is what sparked this whole thread off.. sorry, my bad - I forgot..
ok, forget the discman, fork out for the music, rip it to MP3 and use the
built in MOH solution?

Or.. are we still talking about the MOH being the output of the radio
station that's actually being called, that's using Asterisk as its PBX?