[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Source?

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Thu Sep 18 11:31:59 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 19:44, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> I regularly have to point out to people who ask me questions that when I
> ask them to think about their problem and ask them questions that point
> them in the right direction of figuring out the answer for themselves
> that I have helped them advance themselves. My family included do not
> always like the fact that I don't always answer questions with facts,
> but pointed questions to make them solve their own problems. Its funny
> how good teachers do the same thing, and all of them are considered hard
> and not always liked. These kinds of teachers though are the ones who
> get you farther in life.

Absolutely agree with you Steve.  I left teachers training college in
1970. I shock some teachers when I said that in all the years since I
haven't taught anyone anything. I've just enabled them to learn.
The problem is that in most national education systems the teacher is
expected to provide the answers to pass some test at the end of the
course. Thinking is not part of the curriculum.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>