List ettiquette (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Source?)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Sep 18 10:58:13 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 12:03, Alastair Maw wrote:
>   - Ask a new question by clicking the "new"/"compose" button in your
>     mail client. Only hit reply if you are actually replying. In
>     particular, don't hit reply, delete the whole of the subject line,
>     and attempt to start a new thread this way. Stephen will flame you,
>     and the rest of us with threaded mail readers will silently sit and
>     seethe quietly in a corner (or miss it altogether, having marked that
>     thread as uninteresting/irrelevant/don't know anything about it).
>
>   - Don't post in HTML/RTF. Basically, it holds no advantage over plain
>     text, and has many disadvantages (size, accessibility, etc, etc.)

I'm getting better about this. I am only including an introductory flame
if I answer the question, else I ignore the message.

But to reiterate the second point. I may be alone, or I may be part of a
larger group, but I rarely will read a message that is in HTML unless it
had an interesting subject line. And then if it is difficult to read
because of the HTML, it will quickly get ignored.