[Asterisk-Users] Need help with H.323

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Thu Sep 18 07:36:43 MST 2003

hi all

I'm trying to setup a dlink dph-100h phone (actually a dph-100m but with
the h.323 software) with asterisk and chan_h323. AFACS, the dph-100h
software can only be configured to point to a gatekeeper. I know I don't
need to do this, but it's a test before I setup my Symbol Netvision
phones (I don't have an access point for them now). First, this is what
I have, and what I've done:

- Platform is Debian Woody/Stable
- Asterisk is fresh from CVS, and so is chan_h323
- chan_h323 did compile, but also died from a rather nasty SIGSEGV
  (reported earlier) with Open H.323 v1.11.7 and PWLib v1.4.11. I
  checked them out from CVS instead after being adviced so by diana
  (on irc), and it now loads into memory without any fuzz.
- Several people have told me chan_capi can work as a gatekeeper, so
  there should be no use for gnugk or any others. I have yet to find
  where this is hidden. FWICS, this is all commented out (ast_h323.cpp
  line 722). Is this right or have I overseen anything?
- If this cannot be done alone with chan_h323, I guess I need to use
  gnugk or something. Can someone help me out how these two should be
  configured to work together? Also - is it possible to run gnugk on
  the same host as asterisk?

Thanks for all help

Best regards

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net>