[Asterisk-Users] problem loading chan_iax2.so and chan_zap.sofrom latest CVS

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Sep 17 15:21:16 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 17:10, Dan Fernandez wrote:
> Steven
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> After rebooting the box, * gives me an error claiming that * is already
> running on /var/run/asterisk.ctl
> Before I rebooted I ensured that there was no asterisk.pid or asterisk.ctl.
>
> After I get the above mentioned message if I then run asterisk again I get
> the "Unable to open...device busy" (with or without the asterisk.pid and/or
> asterisk.ctl)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, please do not group reply/reply all to this lists mail. I will
get a copy nearly as fast through the list as I will to my own mailbox.
Since I have all mail filtered to specific content based mailboxes your
personal copy to me drops in my INBOX and not in the appropriate folder
like the copy from the list does.

I know some lists need you to do this because they do not set the
reply-to address back to the list. This is one of the saner lists that
does the right think in my opinion.

Now to your problem. What command line are you using to launch asterisk?
Sounds like you are using something like
asterisk -vvv

Try adding a c to the end so you get a command line at the end of start
up. or just issue a asterisk -r to connect to the currently running
copy. The device busy message is telling you a application is already
running with access to those files.

issue a
ps -axuwww|grep [a]sterisk

and see if it shows up. If you see any lines show up, it is already
running and the asterisk -r will connect you to it.