[Asterisk-Users] Installation Configuration Questions

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 15:52:17 MST 2003

What kind of PCs are people using?  For a system with
100 users I'd be thinking of some rack mount boxes
with dual power suplies and mirrord disks.  Ideally
the P/Ses and disk could be swapped out without
opening the box.  each P/S plugs into it'sown UPS.

It's good to have two or three boxes running but each
sized to allow one box to fail and then to move users
over to the running box.  Down time is simply not an
option

For whatever reason people have come to expect phone
to "just work" even if the building is on fire and the
lights are out (well almost) I'd buy on-site hot
spares for everything and keep pre-loaded spare disk
drives on hand.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com