[Asterisk-Users] Dialogic channel pricing

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Sep 16 14:28:59 MST 2003

Speaking as former Dialogic/Bayonne user who was frustrated for months with
Dialogic's complexity and months of initial testing with GlobalCall only to
use their many-years-old and very complex base Dialogic drivers(and
eventually scrapping it all for Digium/Asterisk and being up one week
later), I can tell you that Digium/Asterisk is definately the way to go.

It is 1000 times easier to configure and install and has more functionality
than Dialogic offers by itself(one example is conferencing which takes an
extra board for Dialogic to accomplish). Also, with today's hardware
resources, having a mostly motherboard-based telecom solution(digium) makes
sense and is much cheaper than Dialogic's
all-call-processing-done-on-extra-boards based solutions.

So sell your expensive Dialogic boards on ebay and use the money to buy a
new Digium board.

Note: If you are talking about using analog 24 port cards, then there is no
good open-source solution.(aside from T1 port direct to channel bank)

And Digium didn't pay me to post this:)

MATT FLORELL---