[Asterisk-Users] Don't forget the TDM400P power connection

Tom Walsh slim at ala.net
Tue Sep 16 12:04:42 MST 2003

The way it was explained to me is that the voltages required to generate the
ringer singals is quite high, so an external power feed is required.

Tom Walsh

::Could someone elaborate on this a little? I wasn't aware that this was
::necessary.
::
::Quoting Steve Haehnichen <s-asterisk at trix.com>:
::
::> I'm a newbie, not afraid to admit it.  I tried to install my TDM400P
::> without the auxilliary (drive) power connection and got this failure
::> when loading the wcfxs module:
::>
::>    Freshmaker version: 63
::>    Freshmaker passed register test
::>    ProSLIC on module 0 failed to powerup within 510 ms
::>    Unable to do INITIAL ProSLIC powerup on module 0
::>    Module 0: Not installed
::>    Module 1: Not installed
::>    Module 2: Not installed
::>    Module 3: Not installed
::>
::> A search of the archives turned up nothing, so hopefully it will show
::> this message now. :)
::>
::> Apparently, this is what happens if a power cable is not connected to
::> the side of the card.  I added that connection, and now it probes
::> normally:
::>
::>    Freshmaker version: 63
::>    Freshmaker passed register test
::>    Module 0: Initialized
::>    Module 1: Not installed
::>    Module 2: Not installed
::>    Module 3: Not installed
::>    Found a Wildcard FXS: Wildcard TDM400P REV E (4 modules)
::>    Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
::>
::> There was probably a memo somewhere explaining the power socket, but I
::> didn't get it.