[Asterisk-Users] Any Universiry using Asterisk ??

Sean P. Robertson spr at netxusa.com
Tue Sep 16 05:08:45 MST 2003

You might want to look at http://www.mediatrix.com/  They have a 24 port FXS
VoIP gateway that might be perfect for your dorms because you can lock them
away in wiring closets in each building where they will not suffer the wear
and tear of college life.  Your students can bring their own single line (a
lot of students like cordless) phones instead of the more expensive IP
phones.  You would be using your IP network for building-to-building
communication and building-to-PSTN communication.

Of course you could still use Snom, Pingtel, and the rest in administrative
and other offices where they need office type phones.

Asterisk (or several of them) with PRI/E1 cards would act as your PSTN
gateway, SIP proxy, voicemail, etc.

Sean

Sean Robertson

NETXUSA
p. 800-289-6389
f.  864-233-4344                  "Ask me about Voice over IP."
http://www.netxusa.com/