[Asterisk-Users] Don't forget the TDM400P power connection

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Tue Sep 16 02:13:34 MST 2003

I'm a newbie, not afraid to admit it.  I tried to install my TDM400P
without the auxilliary (drive) power connection and got this failure
when loading the wcfxs module:

   Freshmaker version: 63
   Freshmaker passed register test
   ProSLIC on module 0 failed to powerup within 510 ms
   Unable to do INITIAL ProSLIC powerup on module 0
   Module 0: Not installed
   Module 1: Not installed
   Module 2: Not installed
   Module 3: Not installed

A search of the archives turned up nothing, so hopefully it will show
this message now. :)

Apparently, this is what happens if a power cable is not connected to
the side of the card.  I added that connection, and now it probes
normally:

   Freshmaker version: 63
   Freshmaker passed register test
   Module 0: Initialized
   Module 1: Not installed
   Module 2: Not installed
   Module 3: Not installed
   Found a Wildcard FXS: Wildcard TDM400P REV E (4 modules)
   Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

There was probably a memo somewhere explaining the power socket, but I
didn't get it.

-Steve