[Asterisk-Users] Analog FXO Card

Andrew Gillham gillham at vaultron.com
Mon Sep 15 22:40:11 MST 2003

Mark Spencer wrote:

>For the record, you can turn on the speaker by doing "monitor=1" when you
>modprobe wcfxo, e.g.:
>
># modprobe wcfxo monitor=1

Sweet, this is good to know!  It would be nice to have a feature that
kicks the
monitor on for the first 30-60 seconds of a call or something.  It would
make
it easier to hear the voicemail message that some is leaving you. :)

>As for the remainder of the discussion of potential clone hardware, let me
>keep my statements very brief and to the point.
>
>When you purchase a product from Digium, you're getting more than a piece
>of hardware.
>
>First, when you buy from us, you know it's going to work.  All we do is
>Asterisk, and when we sell any piece of hardware, it *will* work with
>Asterisk and you *will* get the support your need (including replacement
>should there be a problem).

Looking at the eBay auction you're "saving" like $40, but not getting
the officially
supported card.  $40 (more) for great support is priceless.

Where else do you get direct access to the *core developers* for $99?

I think you could spend $99,000 with big company xyz and not get
anywhere near
somebody who *has a clue* about what is really going on inside the pbx.

How often do you imagine a key Nortel developer offers to ssh in and
*fix* the
problem right then and there?

-Andrew