[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using National ISDN (NI-1) BRI under Linux?

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Mon Sep 15 15:13:05 MST 2003

-=> On 15 Sep 2003 23:24:08 +0200, Klaus-Peter Junghanns <kpj at junghanns.net> said:

> Hi Steve,
> the Eicon Diva Server BRI cards support NI-1 with capi. Some people in
> .us are using them.

Thanks for the pointer!  I'll try to track one down.

> Unfortunately AVM only put EuroISDN into their binary kernel
> module. :(

Yeah, I got all excited when I saw their SUSE files for download.

> Are you sure that incoming callerid is included in your "FastTrak
> ISDN"?  i could imagine that SBC will rip you off extra for it! ;)

I'm as surprised as you.  The CallerID works just fine.  I'm using it
on Lucent i2021 ISDN phones now.  They have parking,
forwarding/deflection, Caller-ID w/ Name, etc.  It's a complete
package.

It just seems like a much better fit for a home office Asterisk than a
POTS line with all the slow & ambiguous signalling.  I'm not giving up
yet.

-Steve