[Asterisk-Users] SOME QUESTIONES (LOG, MySQL, Extensions)

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Mon Sep 15 13:25:53 MST 2003

At 01:01 PM 9/15/2003, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>    I have some questions:
>
>          1) Is there a way to get a full log of the calls (incoming and
> outgoing)

You can get the Call Detail Records which show you the incoming user and
the initial dialed extension as well as the date, time, etc. They don't
record the complete call flow.

>          2) How is the intregation of Mysql and Asterisk. At witch
> Aplicattions.

Functional, but I've heard mixed reports. It's my understanding that MySQL
support works for logging (cdr-mysql) and voicemail2.

>                  a) I have a Support Call Center. Almost all the time all the
>extensions are busy, and some calls at hold. Is there a way that when some one
>hang off, can take the next call in the hold. At this moment, i have that
>if all
>are busy, send the call to hold. And in 1 minute tray again to call any
>extension.

This is what the Queues are for. Search the mailing list or look at the
demos. Basically, incoming calls are put into a queue until one of the
currently logged-in operators (or one of the defined extensions) picks it
up. Then, the other extensions keep ringing until the queue is empty or
until the timeout expires and the callers get bounced.

>                  b) Is ther any way.. that other person can take the ringing
>call of other extension at his phone?... Example: There is a ringing call at
>extension 100 which is alone and i'm at extension 150, So and i want to
>take it?
>so i dial some number and i take it... How to do this?

I'm told this can be done, but I don't know how myself. What you can do is
have several extensions ring at once, as though they were a single
extension. This can be done with "groups" or by using the "ext&ext" syntax
in extensions.conf.

--Ernest