[Asterisk-Users] extension parser

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Mon Sep 15 11:20:01 MST 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 19:49, Tais M. Hansen wrote:
> Before I hack out the ',' -> '|' tr in extension.conf parser, any way to
> escape ',' that I missed?

This sparked a thought with me and I've been meaning to delve through the
docs and/or ask the question for a while now. What is the preferred way of
doing extension.conf? I've seen some documentation that's in the format
"1234,1,Command(opt|opt)" but other examples show it as
"1234,1,Command,opt|opt" and it seems in a lot of places the command doesn't
necessarily need the brackets ("Busy()" versus "Busy" for example)

I guess the parser makes a lot of options possible, but what is the
preferred/defined syntax?

Cheers
Paul