[Asterisk-Users] User interface issues (was voicemail menu structure)

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Sep 15 08:00:02 MST 2003

<snip>

> Paul Crick wrote:
> > Brad Bergman wrote:
> > my thinking is that Comedian Mail is its own thing with
> > its own interface and users who have become accustomed to
> > it, and it needs refinement before it needs an Octel emulator
>
> I guess it's each to their own. Maybe * could come with a default
> Comedian Mail configuration file then have some alternatives for
> Octel, Meridian Mail, Panasonic, whatever?

After giving this more thought and hearing some of the other comments,
I would second (or third) the idea of having voice mail default to
using comedian mail with the associated keystrokes. I agree with Brad
that this should not change any existing key strokes. It makes sense
that a future feature request would be to make voicemail configurable,
perhaps with other voicemail system key sequences (like Octel, Meridian
mail, etc) or perhaps have a completely configurable keystrokes.

Thanks Brad and Paul and others for your input.

Don Pobanz