[Asterisk-Users] Does * machine need a sound board for MOH? (add to FAQ)

Andrew Joakimsen andrew at envisionstudio.net
Sun Sep 14 11:29:56 MST 2003

MOH?
> (add to FAQ)

(snip)

> Music on hold also relies on routines that are installed when certain
> Digium
> hardware cards are installed (such as the X100P). If one of their
cards
> are
> not installed, then the user must uncomment the "# ztdummy" line
(around
> line 90) in the Makefile located in the zaptel source directory, do a
> "make clean" followed by a "make install" to obtain the needed
routines.
> If that is successful, then "/sbin/lsmod" will display a list of
modules
> that are running when * is active which must include the ztdummy
entry. If
> that entry is not shown, then execute "/sbin/insmod ztdummy".

This is not true. I cannot get ztdummy working on my systems, yet MOH
works fine. With your reasoning MeetMe would also be working since
ztdummy would be required for both

> There was also assumptions made by several people that suggested an
entry
> in the extensions.conf file was needed, like:
>   exten => 3000,2,MusicOnHold(default)
>  or
>   exten => 3000,2,SetMusicOnHold,default
>  or
>   exten => 3000,2,mp3player(/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/sample-hold.mp3)
>
> These statments are NOT required at all. Apparently, they do provide
> a way to specify a certain music directory and/or file on a "per
> extension"
> basis, but they are optional and not required.

Or if you want an extension to be music on hold.

> The only configuration statement that was needed to make MOH work for
> extensions was one in the musiconhold.conf file like:
>   default => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
>
> With the above statement active, ALL extensions are provided music on
hold
> without further configuration statements.
I do believe you need to add a ,m at the end of your dial strings for
MOH to play, otherwise all you will get is ringing.