[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users digest, Vol 1 #1273 - 10 msgs

Roger De Salis roger at desalis.gen.nz
Fri Sep 12 19:43:49 MST 2003

 > Message: 5
 > Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:24:13 -0400 (EDT)
 > From: "David C. Troy" <dave at toad.net>
 > To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
 > Subject: [Asterisk-Users] 7206 as SIP->PSTN Gateway?

 > All,
 >
 > I know you can use, say, a 2620 w/2 port FXO card as
 > a SIP gateway. Clearly you can use the 5300, 5800, and
 > MGX8850 too.
 >
 > Does anyone know which cards, if any, exist for a 7206VXR
 > to act in a similar capacity, either as a T1/PRI, DS3, or

PA-VXA-1TE1-24+	1 Port T1/E1 Digital Voice Port Adapter with 24
Channels	B	$7,500

which in practical terms, means the DSP farm..., but wait, you
need licenses, and an IOS version that contains the features
you need (is this possible?), and .......... you get the idea...

 > POTS FXO/FXS?

Nope. Kinda like saying - I need a 7206VXR to support
3 home internet users..... would be very cool... (I bet
there is someone on this list that comes close...)
(JT - speak up...)

 > What other Cisco routers can act as SIP gateways today?

Are Cisco's green? Anything with an FXO port and a suitable
IOS load... (The correct answer to this question cannot be
reasonable expressed on a mail list, it is more like a SQL
query, except Cisco does not make a Sales SQL database,
preferring instead that you wade through pages and pages
of mindless marketing speak on www.cisc.com...

--
  \_    Roger De Salis                   rdesalis at fx dot net dot nz
  </'   FX Networks                      +64 21 481 452