[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 + SIP

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Thu Sep 11 22:58:21 MST 2003

Hello all,

I know this isn't strictly Asterisk, but I'm sure that there are more people
here using the Cisco 7960 w/ SIP, so I thought I'd post here.

I've just bought a Cisco 7960 phone to use with Asterisk. It came with the
CallManager image on it.

I've got the 4.4 SIP images (P0S3-04-4-00).

If I put "P0S3-04-4-00" in the OS79XX.TXT file, the phone downloads this
fine (watching TFTP server debug).

It then proceeds to request P0S3-04-.bin. I don't know why. Naturally this
file isn't found.

I tried renaming the file to P0S3-04-.bin. The phone then downloads around
80% before aborting.

I hope somebody might be able to shed some light on the situation. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shaun