[Asterisk-Users] g729 codex experimentation

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Sep 11 03:37:17 MST 2003

You can't use music on hold with G729 unless you buy a G729 license from
Digium.  I doubt you can use the "r" option either since that needs
Asterisk to generate a ringing sound and unless you have the G729 codec
for Asterisk that will fail.

Unless you buy a G729 license you will not be able to use ANY sound
generated by Asterisk.

"Not Acceptable Here" usually means one side is tying to use a codec the
other side doesn't support.