[Asterisk-Users] ISDN TA

Howard White howwhi at vcch.com
Wed Sep 10 11:34:43 MST 2003

<bottom response = on>

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 12:41, Robert Boardman wrote:
> I have an ISDN TA that has 2 POTS interfases (FXS), can these be used
> with asterisk?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Robb

Yes, I have two such installations.  Be advised there are some gotchas.

My TAs are older Ascend/Lucent/??? Pipeline 75s which have different
tones for off-hook and error conditions that * is not always prepared to
listen to.  I get voicemail messages with four minutes of P75 off-hook
every now and then.  I am sure that patches could be applied to solve
these issues but I choose to live with it as is.

No show stoppers, you understand, just oddities every so often.

Howard White