[Asterisk-Users] freebsd and asterisk ?? anyone yet

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Wed Sep 10 05:57:06 MST 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 11:02:59AM +0100, Alastair Maw wrote:
> As importantly, we'll get cross-unix portability for less effort. There
> won't be a *BSD port - the autoconf stuff will sort it all out for you.
> Of course, we'll have to do some work to make sure it all functions
> properly, but it should be relatively easy to keep everything together
> and working once that has happened. Forking a set of patches for FreeBSD
> or whatever isn't the right way to do this.

i've not done an autoconf before, and i suspect it will require not a small
amount of tweaking.

i suspect the BSD patches will head in the direction of a number of those
tweaks.

while we could all wait around for someone to magically autoconf the code,
in practical terms, i'm content to release the tweaks i'm making for
freebsd/netbsd/openbsd/OSX (when i get time to clean it up, next week).

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]