[Asterisk-Users] SIP LD carrier

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Tue Sep 9 17:19:03 MST 2003

At 07:57 PM 9/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Travis Johnson wrote:
> > I've called NuFone and was not impressed by their voicemail answering
> system (choppy) and was unable to even leave a message before the phone
> call was disconnected (in the middle of the
> >recording).
>
>So your going to judge our system by making one phone call into my home
>asterisk system that runs on a fully saturated ADSL connection.

One must take first impressions from something, and if that happens to be
your answering machine...

>Typical,

Unfortunately, yes.

Seriously folks, NuFone has very reasonable prices, easy setup and decent
tech support (or so I've heard - I haven't had any problems with them so
far). I urge you to give NuFone a try, if only because (one of?) their big
cheeses reads the * mailing list :) I recently checked out the competition,
and here's what I found:

NuFone: cool first impression, good second impression, good implementation
Deltathree: good first impression, poor second impression
Net2Phone: good first impression, excellent second impression, cool third
impression
Vonage: cool first impression, cool second impression

In all cases I was evaluating for price, compatibility with * and ease of
use/ease of billing. Of course, I had specific uses in minds, specific
hardware, and my own company's cost structure in mind, so your mileage may
vary.

--Ernest