[Asterisk-Users] BudgeTone-100 Early Dial

Steve Meyers steve-asterisk at spamwiz.com
Tue Sep 9 14:46:00 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 11:41, Hielke Christian Braun wrote:
> I have one problem with the BudgeTone phones and early dial. When i
> dial a long external number with 9+, * starts to dial to early with
> just a few digits. The outgoing call is placed through the SIP provider
> Nikotel. Is there some timeout i can increase so that * waits
> for all the digits before placing the SIP call? The firmware on the
> phones is 1.0.3.81 and they use SIP Info to sent DTMF. Sending via
> inband or RFC2833 did not work at all. The * version is a week old
> from CVS. When not using early dial it works fine.

I told the Grandstream guys about the problem about a month ago, they
said they'd look into it.  The BudgeTones handle 4-5 digits okay (I
can't remember which), but at some point they crap out from too many
484's.

The way I handled it was to make the extension 9 go to a context that
plays a fake dialtone in the background, and handles the actual phone
number from there.  In my main context, I have:

exten => 9,1,Goto(dialtone,s,1)

Then I have a dialtone context:

[dialtone]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Background(dialtone)
exten => 11,1,Macro(localcall-number,911)
exten => 911,1,Macro(localcall)
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Macro(localcall)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(localcall)

And a couple Macros:

[macro-localcall]
exten => s,1,Macro(localcall-number,${MACRO_EXTEN})
                                                                                                            [macro-localcall-number]
;${ARG1} - number to call
exten => s,1,Dial(${POTSGROUP}/${ARG1})
exten => s,2,Playback(vm-goodbye)