[Asterisk-Users] freebsd and asterisk ?? anyone yet

Sean Figgins sfiggins at mail.celicas.org
Tue Sep 9 10:40:10 MST 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Jim Mercer wrote:

> > Can we bribe you? :)
>
> sure, pay my rent for 3 months and give me a 50" plasma TV to play in the
> background.

Is that all?  That sounds rather cheap, compared to the things direction
that I'd have to go if I wanted to stick to the cisci CM route, with
licenses for every endpoint that I want to connect.

Realistically...  I just can not comprehend how to get stuff to work
correctly with Linux.  I used to be a Linux nut years ago, but once I
found FreeBSD with it's ports collection, I wondered why anyone ever
bothered with Linux and it's completely messed up software install
requirements.

Right now, under RedHat 9.0, I have * running, but no hardware, and I
can't figure out how to get h.323 operational so I can talk to my cisco
gateway with the PRI interface...  I'm only guessing that FreeBSD would be
much easier for non-programmers like myself.

-Sean