[Asterisk-Users] Monitor an active channel?

Timothy Soos XQL at americanisp.net
Mon Sep 8 23:07:28 MST 2003

On Monday 08 September 2003 11:22 pm, Timothy Soos wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is there any way to [monitor and record] a channel that is already active
> (meaning 2 callers are already connected)?
>
> I read the documentation for the Application commands "Monitor" and
> "StopMonitor", and I get the impression from the context that describes
> these commands, and some experimenting, that a channel must be inactive
> before the "Monitor" application can start.
>
> How can I  [monitor and record] a channel that is already active?

To clarify:
I would like to be able to answer an incoming call, converse for an unknown
amount of time, press a button on the phone that starts recording of the
conversation (most preferably without either party hearing the DTMF tone),
record the conversation for an unknown length of time, press a button on the
phone (most preferably without either party hearing the DTMF tone), and
continue with the conversation.

How can this be done?
--
Thanks,