[Asterisk-Users] freebsd and asterisk ?? anyone yet

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Mon Sep 8 18:05:05 MST 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 11:50:07PM +0100, Fearghas McKay wrote:
> At 12:49 -0700 8/9/03, David Raistrick wrote:
> >I'd like to see the software side compile under FreeBSD.  According to the
> >plan that rests in the back of my head waiting on that day, I have no need
> >of the hardware side.  I'd use VIC cards in my existing ciscos to
> >interface to the land lines, for the most part.
>
> I would also be interested in seeing both OSX and OpenBSD builds, I saw
> mention of the latter but was unable to find code/diffs etc.

i have, or have been granted access to:

FreeBSD 4.x-stable
NetBSD (current)
OpenBSD (unsure)
Mac OS X (something recent)
Linux RH9

> Again I can live without the hardware just now but in the future it would
> be good.

it is my intent to put a patch kit together to get it compiling on the
above.

i'll announce to the list when the patches are available and it would be nice
for people to put it up and spot any problems.

initially, it will be without hardware support, but once we have a stable port
to the other environments, i suspect the hardware geeks will be close behind.

8^)

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]